Ergnomic Boots Designed for Firefighters The design and construction of LION Technical Footwear™ is driven by firefighting ergonomics to enhance comfort and reduce foot injury.
- Custom fit and feel – molded thermoplastic heel counters are individually modeled to every size for a custom fit. It keeps its shape even in severely wet conditions.
- Won’t rub and irritate – the Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™* is an integrated anatomical ankle padding system that ensures the foot is securely positioned in the boot. This helps prevent your heel from riding up and down against the back of the boot.
- Fight sagging arches – a double-ridged ladder shank supports your arches, reducing painful compression and possible injury.
- Keep dry and cool – breathable CROSSTECH ® footwear fabric allows perspiration vapor and moisture condensation to escape.
- Comfort in critical areas – open cell foam cushioning and shock absorbing footbed.
- Anti-chaffing padded collar trim – conforms to accommodate all leg sizes.
- Pierce-Protect Arch Protection System™* – a flexible, ballistic grade composite that delivers superior protection to the arch of your foot.
Traction and Dexterity
Slip-Resistant Firefighter Boots
- Slip-resistant Vibram® Fire & Ice™ sole – special blend of polymers offer durability and superior tracking in hot and cold environments.
- Goodyear® storm welt – extremely flexible, provides maximum durability and allows for easy repair.
- Top grain, US leather upper is water repellant, tough, flexible and delivers unparalleled foot dexterity for running, crawling and climbing.
Durability and Toughness
These Boots Might Suffer, But Your Feet Won't
- Abrasion-resistant toe – Vibram® nitrile-rubber toe covering protects the boot from abrasion when you’re crawling. Your boots last longer.
- Lenzi® puncture-resistant midsole is positioned further away from the sole for enhanced puncture protection.
- Multi-directional puncture protection. Pierce-Protect Arch Protection System™* is a flexible, ballistic grade composite that delivers superior protection to the arch of your foot (patent pending).
- Guards against impact damage with tempered steel “wide flange” toe cap with rubber lip. Tested to withstand an impact up to 92.2 foot pounds.
About Lion Footwear™
STC Innovative Firefighter Footwear Lion Technical Footwear™ is made by STC. For over 20 years, STC has delivered innovative protective footwear designs and materials to meet the most demanding working conditions. STC structural firefighter boots were developed with the same objective — to offer firefighters footwear that incorporates proprietary features for enhanced comfort and protection.
Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™ Like a Memory Foam Mattress for Your Feet LION Technical Footwear features our patented Lock-Fit Ankle Support System™* — anatomical padding that locks your angle securely in place. The Lock-Fit Ankle Support System grabs your ankle and foot to improve surefootedness and reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls.
Care and Use
Firefighter Boot Care and Use To ensure LION Technical Footwear™ provides optimal protection and wear life for firefighters, it is important to follow LION's instructions for proper use, inspection, care, maintenance, storage and retirement.